Don’t be half hearted. Live life to the full and do it wholeheartedly
With Valentines Day around the corner, it’s time to turn the tables and give ourselves some serious loving and start putting our own needs above others.
We all know how important it is to put the oxygen mask on first, but how many of us do it in real life?
It’s not selfish, nor is it conceited. It’s vital for our survival.
BUT life is not about merely surviving. It’s a precious gift – as are we, so it’s vital we do it in a meaningful and fulfilling way.
Self love is about being compassionate and caring for ourselves, Filling ourselves up in ways that nurture and nourish the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual parts that make up our whole selves.
When was the last time you took stock of how you fill your days – if at all?
How much of your days are full of ‘have to, need to, should and ought to’ stuff?
If you’re feeling limp and lifeless, chances are you’ve had the odd conversation with yourself that goes something along the lines of ‘There’s got to be more to life than this?’
We’re living in a world of chop chop busyness with ‘to do’ lists coming out of every oriface! There’s gadgets galore that ping, ring and ding to remind us to do x, y and z. There’s apps for this that and the other so we can keep track of what we’ve still got to do, when we need to do it by so we can see if we’re measuring up.
Little wonder we’re exhaustipated, feel wrung out with no time or energy to tend to ourselves or even think about the well worn path we’re wandering along. We’re tired and hard wired to do the same thing over and over, so it’s not surprising nothing changes – well, no until the shit hits the fan or we realise we’ve lost sight of what’s important to us and we’re over living our life for other people.
Fuck Superwoman! Your grave stone won’t bear the words ‘Good Bitch, she worked herself to death!’ Time to ditch the cape and let your hair down. Take stock and make a pact this Valentines to tend to your own needs FIRST.
Before you throw the baby out of the bathwater, it’s important to assess your current situation.
- How you look after your physical body, what you eat, the exercise you do – or not! The amount of sleep you get. The daily practises you have to enhance your wellbeing.
- The tirade of thoughts that invade your headspace; especially the ones that continually bollock you.
- Your moods – daily, weekly and monthly. Is there a pattern?
- Your work – does it fill you up or does it drain you?
- Playtime – what you do and who you spend time with?
- The people in your life. Do they drain or support you?
- Soulful self time – dream stuff that’s on your ‘one day’ list.
- Your community – what and how you make a difference to issues that are important to you on a local, national and global level?
Give yourself a score out of ten for each. It’ll give you a birds eye view of where all your energy goes and where the gaps are.
Be realistic and ruthless. Oik out the shit that doesn’t add value to your life and slowly introduce things you know will put the bounce back in your step.
Click here to find out the range of services I offer.
- One on one mentoring as one off consultations
- Weekly for a month, where we dig into your spiritual needs.
- A three month package to establish your spiritual, emotional, mental and physical needs.
- And if you’re determined to sustain a shift, my annual package provides the ultimate support to help you become your own best friend. I hold you accountable in the same way you’d expect from your bestie.